Thursday, April 3, 2014

~~Mild Insanity~~

It'd hurt less
If you didn't try
To make it make sense.
Let it drift
Through you--
A maddened laugh,
A bitter
Smile.
Maybe someone
Will see....
And maybe
Someone won't.
It doesn't matter
If no one sees:
They couldn't
Help you even
If they knew.
No one could tell.
No one can see.
No one notices
The golden eyes.
The difference in your movements.
They don't see it,
So why should you
Hide it?
Why should you hide
The pleasure you get
From mild insanity?
Little contingency plans,
Little promises--
Things to do
If the world
Explodes.

2 comments:

  1. Your poetry is very moving. I can tell there is a lot going on in your head! I find blogging to be therapeutic, but I haven't written any novels. It seems that words just flow from you! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer