Friday, February 28, 2014

~~Sudbury Writer's Guild--Greetings and News Post~~

Hey, everyone! I loved going to the meeting last night. It was incredibly cool to feel like I belonged, especially in a crowd of adults. I'm so glad you made me feel welcome--special thanks to Lisa, who sent me absolutely everything I missed and filled me in on things; and to Scott, who forced me to talk. I really am glad I felt welcome and that I have a group of people that are willing and able to give me whatever I need in my pursuit of being published. I'm glad I have networking opportunities and people who are way more experienced than I am, and can teach me how to edit/critique things.

I've never been good at editing. Hopefully, you guys will help me learn more.

Okay, now I'm going to stop and talk to my readers in general.

THE FINAL CHAPTER OF SCRIBBLER HAS BEEN POSTED.

THE FOR-SALE VERSION OF SCRIBBLER HITS AMAZON IN A WEEK.

WHY DOES THIS ROOM SMELL LIKE GUM?

WHY AM I YELLING?

.................................

Let us not question things!

Needless to say, that means I have a week to...

--Edit

--Do formatting in a completely new way

--Create a cover (I've already decided on what it will be, and how)

--Design said cover

--Figure out the price

--Decide how much money I want from the sale

I have news for you.

Every dollar I make from SCRIBBLER (and its accompanying stories) goes to the World Wildlife Fund.

As soon as I figure out how to do that.

If I start needing money myself, I will notify you before starting to take any profit from it. That way, I can say I'm not stealing in any way and it is your choice as to whether or not the money goes to me.

So, why is all of it going to the WWF?

The world is screwed up. We need to help the world. I want to support the world as much as I can, and try and donate every penny. 85% of WWF's money goes right to helping the environment, and I want to support them as much as I can. I know I won't be able to make very much (I doubt I'll sell more than a hundred copies), but if it goes for about four dollars....

Four dollars times a hundred is four hundred dollars.

That is a huge amount of money.

Another thing I might end up doing charity-wise is a volume of poetry focused on the environment. It will go for the same price, and all of its profits will go directly to the WWF. I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing it, but it will certainly be out within the year.

Now, everyone....

I want you to spread the word. I want you to talk about this and get things set up. Help me with this. GET AS MANY PEOPLE TO BUY IT AS POSSIBLE. The more people buy it, the more is donated, the happier I am, and the more I write.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

Let's get to donating, everyone.

I want to help the world.

I love you.

Nikai tibitomaka,

Half-Mad Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer