Monday, February 10, 2014

~~I Guess I'm Happy Now~~

It's hard to understand
Why I keep working so hard--
Would probably be easier
To just give in.

If I could explain
Why I can't remain
I'd teach you so many things:
You'd understand why there's nothing to gain.

Life is a fight you keep on living with.
Life is a game that can't be beat.
You can't keep working, can't keep breathing--
But this is all you can do.

Just keep breathing,
Somewhere in the middle of the eye of the storm:
You'll find something to keep you alive.
You'll find something to make you happy.

I guess I'm happy now--
It's better here than it was before.
Better now than it used to be.
At least now I understand.

It's better off than this.
My mind is slipping,
Soul is screaming--
What the hell do I do now?

It doesn't matter.
I'm drowned either way.
I'll give up if it
Gets you through the day.

I want you to be happy.
I wish it was true.
But there's so many things
That just...aren't...you....

I guess I'm happy
Now that I'm alone--
No reason to fight
Except without you.

Drowned in sanity,
Hopeless games....
I'll be okay.
I promise I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer