Tuesday, February 25, 2014

~~I Can't Explain~~

I can't share with you my apologies.
I can't show you my rationality.
I can't send you the farewell card I made.
I can't suffer along with you.

I can't explain why I'm walking away.
I can't explain why I'm turning my back.
I can't explain why I don't seem to love you.
I can't explain that this wasn't true.

I would like it if you forgave me.
I would like it if you left.
I would like it if it didn't hurt, but....
I would like it more if this didn't have to happen.

Understand that I didn't lie.
Understand that I meant every word.
Understand that I didn't mean for this to happen.
Understand that I....I wish I could....

I wish I could change the world.
I wish I could make it easier.
I wish I could make it so you weren't hurt.
I wish I could change my twisted life.

I wish I could fix all your problems.
I wish I could undo all your pains.
I wish I could control what can't be controlled.
I wish I could escape from this spiraling maze.

I wish I could change.
But you know I can't.
I wish I could go.
But you know I can't.

I can't explain why I'm sorry.
I can't explain why I hate myself.
I can't explain why it hurts.
I can't explain why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer