Tuesday, November 5, 2013

~~Playing the Victim~~

Will you
Do this
For me?
Will you
Turn me away?
Make me stop
Playing
The victim,
And make me
Stand up
And mean it?
Admit that it's me
That did this
To
Myself.
Asked for every
Bit
Of pain.
Made myself
Suffer
Because I flourish
In misery.
And flourish
I do.
I grow so strong
When it
All
Goes
Wrong.
I can't
Admit
I'm leading you
On. My broken, sweet
Lover--
You're not
The one
I love.
My savior
Is not you.
Dearheart,
Possessor
Of depression
And giver
Of lectures--
It is you
I love.
While I play
The victim,
You play no games
With me.
So let me
Love you.
So change
My ways.
I have always
Been less strong
Than you.
My dearest--
Don't let
Me play
The victim
Any
More.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer