Monday, July 29, 2013

~~Recovery Lies in Departing~~

Forget me not, little loves.
Forget me not, for I have loved you.
Forget me not, for I am young.
Forget me not, for I am gone.

I thought that I could stay.
I thought that I could love.
I thought that I could give you me.
I thought that I was strong.

But I'm not strong enough to stay.
But I'm not strong enough to care.
But I'm not strong enough to deal.
But I'm not strong enough to love.

If the music's loud, it doesn't hurt.
If the music's loud, I can pretend.
If the music's loud, I can move on.
If the music's loud, I can cry.

I'm sorry for staying away.
I'm sorry for thinking you'd care.
I'm sorry for pretending I was okay.
I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer