Friday, May 31, 2013

~~In the Shame~~

Surviving the things I have,
You'd think that I'd be used to it.
Swallowing up my dignity
And whispering out for help.
You'd think I'd be used to it.
Being lost, but there's not much to it.
I'm just a kid, and that's alright.....
I'm alright. I'm alright.
Or am I?
Does it actually matter?
I've come this far, done this much.
Seen the way I've lived.
Fought so hard, but I can't breathe....
If I was brave enough
I know I'd heal.
If I was brave enough
I know I could change.
I'll be able to one day--
At least, I hope I will.
It will be a long run.
A very long run...
My life is dark.
My will is good.
I can fight....
I can fight.
There's nothing I won't do.
Nothing I won't say.
If it brings me back to you,
And out of this shame.
Everything I've done.
All the things I've done wrong.
I would die for you.
Firefly....
I'm your Firefly.
I'll shine my light, and guide you out.
I'll flicker and I'll glow,
But I'll keep you okay.
I'm your girl.
Let me marry you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer